There are many agencies and organizations that collect solar data and publish reports on trends in the solar industry along with general information on solar.
The South Carolina Solar Installations Map displays the installed solar photovoltaic capacity and the total number of installations in the state by zip code and county.
This data is from Dominion Energy South Carolina, Santee Cooper, Duke Energy, electric cooperatives, and municipal electric providers and is voluntarily self-reported from the electric providers.
South Carolina Solar Data
The Energy Office collects data on solar installations and capacity in the state. Additionally, the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) collects and shares data on solar in South Carolina.
- Energy Office- SC Energy Data: Solar
- 2020 Cumulative SC PV Installations & Capacity (PDF)
- 2019 Cumulative SC PV Installations & Capacity (PDF)
- 2018 Cumulative SC PV Installations & Capacity (PDF)
- EIA- South Carolina Solar Data
South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS)
- 2019 Report on Status of Distributed Energy Resource (DER) and Net Energy Metering (NEM) Implementation (PDF)
- 2017 South Carolina Act 236 Status Report on Distributed Energy Resource and Net Energy Metering Implementation (PDF)
- 2016 South Carolina Act 236 Report on the Lease of Renewable Electric Generation Facilities (PDF)
- 2016 South Carolina Act 236 Distributed Energy Resource and Net Metering Implementation (PDF)
- 2015 South Carolina Act 236 Cost Shift and Cost of Service Analysis (PDF)
Savannah River National Lab (SRNL)
- 2016 End of Year South Carolina PV Soft Cost and Workforce Development
- 2015 South Carolina PV Soft Cost and Workforce Development Part I: Initial Survey Results
- 2015 South Carolina PV Soft Cost and Workforce Development Part 2: Six Month Confirmation of Anticipated Job Growth
- Solar in the Southeast
- South Carolina Solar Development - Tracking the Effects of Act 236 (2014-2017)
State Regulation of Public Utilities Review Committee
Additional Reports and Data
- Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc.- Solar Water Heating Study
- Energy and Environmental Economics (E3)- Discussion of South Carolina Act 236: Version 2.0, December 2018
- South Carolina Audubon Society- An Economic Analysis of the Solar Industry in South Carolina
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources- Technical Guidance for the Development of Wildlife and Pollinator Habitat at Solar Farms, 2020
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy- Solar in the Southeast: 2019 Annual Report
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy- Solar in the Southeast: 2018 Annual Report
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy- Solar in the Southeast: 2017 Annual Report
- Southern Environmental Law Center- Rates of Solar
- US Department of Energy (USDOE)- Solar Energy Research Database